- On his throat surgery: “I thought I had a cold, but, man, I had like a cyst as big as a golf ball on my tonsils. The doctors though, they cut it out; they took care of me really good.”
- On Songz’ comments about Kelly’s use of Auto-Tune: “I don’t feel those type of things. It’s like I’m bulletproof when it comes to beef. I don’t deal with beef; I love steak.”
- On his new album, titled Black Panties (because apparently Let’s Fuck was too blatant even for Kelly): “I’m on Mission: Benjamin Button. I’m turning back the clock … it’s the new 12 Play.” He later tells a story about a pair of black panties, thrown from the crowd, that landed on his arm during a recent show that he took as “a sign” and, thus, the title.
- On that house foreclosure: “I’m selling my house. What sense does it make for a guy to stay in that size house? It’s a money furnace.”
- On the struggles of President Obama, for whom he wrote a song during the 2008 election: “It’s like crabs in a barrel; everyone’s tryin’ to pull you down.”
Yes. All of that makes sense. And all of that is right. He’s a modern day Benjamin Button and as he gets older he gets more sexual I guess, and that’s going to come out in his new CD called ‘Black Panties’ that’ll be more sexually infused than the album that features “Bump N Grind” and “Sex Me” part 1 and 2. No reason to elaborate any further R. because that’s crystal clear.
Also, he enjoys a good steak. And who could blame him? Steaks are delicious.