(No, there’s not a real significance to this picture. I google image searched Curtis Mayfield and that came up and I was like “Oh, that looks niiiiice.”)
A few vacations back I invented the idea of the ‘Cool People’s Lounge,’ essentially, it was a way for me to isolate myself and read in peace. But throughout the years I’ve adapted it to an imaginary place that I’m like 1% cool enough to attend.
And here’s how I know: When I’m listening to this play list every time I hear the Eric Hutchinson song I have a vivid image of people being very skeptical of his him based on his appearance, then he starts to sing and like a black church people start yelling things like “Boy can sing!”
So ya, these are the things I think about when I’m lying on my sixty dollar Futon from Target.
- Stevie Wonder – My Cherie Amour
- Sam Cooke – A Change is Gonna Come
- Same Cooke – Bring It On Home To Me
- R. Kelly – You Made Me Love You
- Marvin Gaye – Heard It Through The Grapevine
- James Brown – Please, Please, Please
- The Impressions – People Get Ready
- Howlin Wolf – Smokestack Lightning
- Gnarls Barkley – Who’s Gonna Save My Soul Now?
- Gladys Knight – Midnight Trail to Georgie
- Four Tops – Baby I Need Your Lovin
- Eric Hutchinson – OK, It’s All Right With Me (Live)
- Curtis Mayfield – Only You Babe
- Bill Withers – Aint No Sunshine
- BB King – The Thrill Is Gone
- Amy Winehouse – Valerie (Deluxe Edition)